Saturday, March 31, 2012

What's Cooking?!

I don't know about you, but I love to look at, read, peruse and drool over new cookbooks!  I prefer the ones with lots of pictures. I can't really understand why someone would create a cookbook with text only.  I suppose it costs less to print, but...I like the pictures.  I want to see what my creation will (hopefully) look like once I prepare it.  If it looks appetizing I want to cook it.  If it looks astounding and mouthwatering I want to bake it.  Yes, I love baking and cooking.
Baking brings back memories of being in the kitchen with my grandma, mom and actually truth be told my grandfather. He was an excellent cook. He made the best fried chicken and for dessert his chocolate chip cookies were (sigh) absolutely delightful. I miss him. When we cooked or baked the kitchen would have all these delicious aromas and then the piece de resistance was when the food came out of the oven or off the stove, we'd sit down to eat.
These are the memories I hope to pass on to my children and eventually my grandchildren.  So looking through cookbooks brings me great pleasure--I'm sure it does for some of you too.  I especially love to bake.  However, when time runs short I simply enjoy flipping through the pages of a cookbook and getting ideas or dreaming of what I could create had I a few more hours in the day.  If this sounds like you, check out our new e-newsletter, Simply Cookbooks! Here are a few titles that may whet your appetite for more cooking.

4 ingredients: more than 400 quick, easy, and delicious recipes using 4 or fewer ingredients by Kim McCosker Do you want quick to fix, inexpensive meals that taste great? If you said yes, this is the book for you.

100 recipes every woman should know: engagement chicken and 99 other fabulous dishes to get everything you want out of life by Cindy Lieve this cookbook's recipes are excellent, even if your man does not propose to you after you make engagement chicken.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

When will the newsletter be ready? When can I sign up? I looked on the library website and I couldn't find Simply Cookbooks listed yet.

wcpl said...

Hi, Theresa. We hope to have this up and running by the end of the month. Thank you for your interest!