Saturday, October 27, 2012

Warm Christmas Reads





I know it's early and I, like a million other people, dislike the marketing of the Christmas holiday before Halloween, yet here I am doing something similar. I'd like to say it is for your own good. Truly,....how much fun is it to read a Christmas story in June or July?  I believe Christmas stories are better when it's cold outside and you can sit under a blanket in a comfortable chair with a great book and a nice hot cup of chocolate nearby. I must admit that if that hot chocolate happens to have whip cream and chocolate shavings in it, it is even better. So if you enjoy stories that will leave a smile in your heart and a smile on your face than give these beautifully written Christmas stories a try before the season comes to an end.

I've included new titles and then some of my favorites from years gone by. I would be remiss if I did not include a few children's stories, what would the holidays be like without them?  Reading Christmas stories to my children has always left a smile on my face.  I still, even as my children grow older, read the classics with them every Christmas.  These memories are ones my children and I will always treasure. If you haven't started a tradition of reading stories with your children at Christmas (or any other time), there's no better time to start than right now. So grab a good book, a comfy chair and snuggle in for a few minutes of quiet reading.

New Releases
A Winter Wonderland by Fern Michaels
My Kind of Christmas by Robyn Carr
A Christmas Garland: A Novel by Anne Perry
A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery
Together for Christmas by Lisa Plumley
Mischief and Mistletoe by Mary Jo Putney, Jo Beverley, Patricia Rice, Nicola Cornick, Cara Elliot,
Anne Gracie and Susan King
Angels at the Table by Debbie Maccomber
A Christmas Home: A Novel by Greg D. Kincaid
The Walnut Tree by Charles Todd

A Few of My Favorite Christmas Romances
The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson
Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas
Dashing Through the Snow by Mary Higgins Clark
The Gift by Nora Roberts
A Christmas Promise by Mary Balogh
A Christmas Waltz by Jane Goodger
A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas
A Cedar Cove Christmas by Debbie Macomber

Classic Christmas Stories
Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore
Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus by Francis Pharcellus Church
The Nutcracker by E. T. A. Hoffman
The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen
The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans
How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss

No comments: