Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer of Super Heroes

I have always loved comic books and my favorite superhero was Daredevil and not the Ben Affleck version either.  How could I not admire a blind man in bright, red spandex who could defeat evil and look good too? How many people do you know that can carry spandex?
This is the summer for super hero movies and the library's Summer of Heroes summer reading club is now open so sign up.
At the box office Thor and X-Men First-Class have already come out.  Green Lantern comes out June 17th and Captain America: The First Avenger comes out June 22nd.  Finally, on August 19th Conan the Barbarian will be released.  I know Conan is not "technically" a superhero but he is a warrior and heroic so I included him too.

Try one of the following books and graphic novels and get reacquainted with your inner super hero.

Thor

X-Men

Green Lantern

Captain America

Conan the Barbarian

Kung-Fu Panda (Pandas are super too)

When I toss aside my glasses, let down my hair and ditch the comfortable shoes I become the Dewey Decimater!  So keep those voices down, sign up, and read!  You'll feel super!

No comments: