Thursday, July 21, 2011

Never Knowing

I recently wrote a post on what I was doing while waiting for Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens to be released.  Click here if you missed it.  I am very happy to report that I was able to get a copy of this book and it did not disappoint!

This first-person novel follows Sara Gallagher, who was adopted at an early age, as she attempts to find her real parents.  She does find her real mother, but is rejected immediately.  Sara soon finds out why.  Her mother is the only living survivor of a notorious serial killer.  Needless to say, the news hits Sara hard.  The novel is very similar to Stevens' other novel, Still Missing, in that each chapter is a session between Sara and her therapist as Sara attempts to make sense of where she came from.

I was pleasantly surprised with this novel due to the high expectations after Still Missing.  The story sucked me right in and is very fast-paced.  There are some twists and turns as the police soon find who Sara is and want to use her to finally capture the killer.  I really thought I had guessed what would happen at the end and was shocked by what actually happens.  This is a very fast-paced and hard to put down thriller. 

No comments: