Saturday, April 9, 2011

In The Queue


Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks

This award winning author is back with a novel based on actual events.  Set in the 1660s, this is the story of Caleb Cheshahteaumuck, the first Native American to graduate from Harvard.  I'll read the book just so I can get use to saying his name!
The Love of My Youth by Mary Gordon

Would you want to meet your boyfriend from the 60s?  I shudder just thinking about it.  However, these former high-school sweethearts meet up in current day Rome and discover the sparks are still there.

Bossypants by Tina Fey

I plan to read this book because I think Tina Fey is very, very funny. This actress and comedian has won 5 Emmys and other awards for her humor. However, I have to admit her picture on the cover is mildly disturbing.

No comments: