Saturday, October 5, 2013

Suspenseful Thrillers

If you enjoy fast paced novels that are filled with adventure and suspense then be prepared for a treat! I have listed below awesome suspense filled thrillers and I am attaching a link to NPR's top 100 Killer Thrillers. NPR's list was based on their audience picks. The NPR audience chose 600 novels and after 17,000 ballots were counted the top 100 are listed here.

Our library will soon have a Patron Picks section, which are titles our patrons have told us are ones they love!  So if you have a favorite novel (it does not have to be a thriller) tell me about it! I read a lot, but...some of the best books I've read have been ones that a patron recommended to me.

Here are my top picks for suspenseful thrillers.

 Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson
Memories define us. So what if you lost your memory every time you went to sleep? Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love--all forgotten overnight. This is Christine's life and the one person she must trust may only be telling her half the truth.

 The Spy Who Came In From the Cold by John Le Carre
John Le Carre's third novel that won him international acclaim. He creates a suspense world unlike any other. 

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
A Multi layered thriller that is a spellbinding murder mystery, family saga, love story and a story of financial intrigue rolled into one amazing novel!

The Blue Nowhere by Jeffrey Deaver
His code name is Phate, a sadistic computer hacker who infiltrates people's computers, invades their lives and then lures them to their death.

The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
If you prefer reading about mind games rather than chase scenes, this one should not be missed!

The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen
A briskly paced suspenseful thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
A terrifying true life story of the murders of the Clutter family. There was no motive, no reason for the murders.

The Absent One by Jussi Adler-Olsen
A surprising plot filled with ruthless people who were seduced by violence and hidden by their power and wealth until a homeless woman begins delivering her brand of 'justice'.

The Affair by Lee Child
A novel of unrelenting suspense that tells the story of why Jack Reacher became a one man vigilante squad.

Spilled Blood by Brian Freeman
A taut thriller about a two Minnesota towns that are locked in a deadly feud and a teenage girl who gets caught in the crossfire. 

You Don't Want to Know  by Lisa Jackson
A mother's worst nightmare comes to life in this terrifying thriller that will keep you guessing and then leave you horrified. 

 




2 comments:

Brandie Mcnemar said...

You have some great ones on here, I have read a few but not all so it looks like I might be adding a few more to my tbr list! That always happens though. I would recommend To Sleep...Prechance to Die by Don Grippo. It's a really intense thriller that I absolutely loved. You can see the info on the authors site, dongrippo.com. It was rcommended to me so I am apying that forward. It's a really good read though.

wcpl said...

I have not read, To Sleep...Perchance to Die by Don Grippo. It sounds like an intriguing psychological thriller. I’ll have to give it a try.