Saturday, April 12, 2014

Words of Radiance: An Epic Fantasy Novel

I have been anxiously awaiting the second novel in Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive series and I am thrilled that it has been released. If you enjoy epic fantasy novels, you have to try this series. The first novel in this  series is the Way of Kings which was published in 2010. Sanderson wrote his first novel in this series and then went on to complete Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Saga. I am grateful that he completed that series, but I truly wanted to learn more about the world he created and the characters he brought to life in this series. Four years later my wish is granted with the publishing of Words of Radiance. This novel was well worth the wait. 
When I picked up Words of Radiance, I continued my journey into the world of Roshar. I struggled alongside Kaladin as he struggled to find himself and accept who he was meant to become. I was with Shallan as her world changed and life as she knew it would never be the same and I was also with Syl as she hoped that Kaladin would find the right words. There are so many stories and characters within this novel I just keep finding more treasures as I read.  I only hope that it will not take four more years for Sanderson's next sequel in this exciting fantasy series.

No comments: