The members of Mystery Readers International have released their nominations for the 2008 Macavity Awards. This award is named for the "mystery cat" of T. S. Eliot (Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats) and is for books published the previous year (2007). The four categories voted on are Best Mystery Novel, Best First Mystery, Best Mystery Short Story, and Best Mystery Non-Fiction. I have chosen a few from the first two categories to try:
Soul Patch by Reed Farrel
In the Woods by Tana French
The Collaborator of Bethlehem by Matt Beynon Rees
I picked these three because I am not familiar with the authors, and I can't resist a good mystery. Besides, how can an award named after a cat not be good?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Anyhting named after a cat has to be bad...
:)
Soul Patch and Into the Woods are really good reads - too good to get an award named for a cat.
:)
Post a Comment