I have always had a love affair with comics and my favorite superhero is Daredevil-- and not the Ben Affleck version either. How can you not admire a blind man who can defeat evil with his wits, acrobatics, and basically a stick? Don't forget the bright red spandex either--classic! Friday July 18th, is D-Day for all of you Batman fans--The Dark Knight comes out in theaters. Along with Ironman, The Incredible Hulk, Hellboy II, and even Hancock, this has been the summer for superhero movies. I personally like the movies but my first love will always be comics, or graphic novels as they are now known. So try one of these graphic novels at your library today and get reaquainted with your favorite superhero.
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, The Dark Knight Strikes Again
Ironman: Ultimate Ironman I, Ultimate Ironman II
Hulk: The Incredible Hulk vol. 1
Hellboy: Hellboy the Troll Witch..., Hellboy Library Edition Vol. 1
P. S. When I toss aside my glasses, let down my hair, and ditch the cardigan and comfortable shoes--I become The Dewey Decimater! So keep those voices down and read a graphic novel--you'll feel super!
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment