Saturday, December 11, 2010

A great holiday read!



Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor is a wonderful feel good novel. It is a light hearted romance. The main plot surrounds Holly a six year old girl, whose mother recently passed away. Her Uncle Mark becomes her legal guardian and knows nothing about being a parent. In her will Holly's mother advises that he should, “love her and everything else will follow.” The story of Uncle Mark becoming Holly's father is tested when the teacher sends home a note that Holly wrote to Santa.  Holly wants a new mom for Christmas. Lisa Kleypas puts a sweet spin on a classic story of boy meets girl. The story is sweet, funny and endearing a wonderful tale to curl up with on a cold night. I’m sure you’ll root for Mark as he realizes he cares for a spritely woman, named Maggie, who helped Holly find her voice. This book just made me smile. The Thanksgiving scene is hillarious and made me quite happy that I know how to cook. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.  It is a quick read that will put you in the perfect mood for the holidays!





No comments: